Our outdoor master filter comes will Zelbrite as standard media. Zelbrite is a zeolitic material, formed as a result of volcanic activity, and sourced from a mine at Werris Creek in NSW. As a natural product its hardness will see it last twice as long as sand.
Why choose Zelbrite?
- Higher dirt holding capacity and the ability to remove finer particles than traditional sand and DE filters provides cleaner pool water that is visibly brighter and clearer and saves water as backwashing requirements are reduced.
- Zelbrite performs chemical ion exchange to absorb ammonia, reduces irritation to skin and eyes compared to standard sand media.
- Hard grains of Zelbrite ensure that it remains effective within the filter for over five years.
- No modifications are required to standard sand filters to accept Zelbrite, therefore can be used as an upgrade when the sand is replaced.
- Zelbrite can be simply recharged by your local pool shop to keep it performing at it’s best.
- Natural “buffering” characteristics of Zelbrite and the resulting lower use of disinfectants allows a lower use of chemicals of pH control.
- Zelbrite lowers the output required from salt water chlorinators
extending the cell plate life.
- Greater media surface, you will not have to backwash as often, on average twice as long between backwashing therefore saving water - up to 30%
- Zelbrite comes from a naturally formed volcanic rock
Unlike conventional 5 layers media, Zelbrite can last up to 10 years with regular backwashing
|Particle size||0.5 – 2mm|
|Solid density||2.2 – 2.3 g/cc (2200 – 2300 kg/m3|
|Filtration media bulk density||1.15 g/cc (1150 kg/m3)|
|Wet attrition test|
(Mercer & Ames)
|External surface area||20 – 25m2/g|
|Cation exchange||119 m.eg / 100g|
|Ammonium ion exchange||104 m.eg / 100g|
|Molecular channel size||7.9 x 3.5 augstroms|
4.4 x 3.0 augstroms
*Please check stock availability with us before placing order
- Outdoor master filter
- Max Operaitng Pressure: 15 Bar
- Max Operating Temperature: 49°C
- Zelbrite filter media
- Backwash function
- 304 stainless steel body tank
- 1.2mm body thickness
- Diameter: 10"
- Height: 54 inch